New Cassette Walkman Review from Cassette Comeback

General discussion about life, the universe and everything!
Keep it civil though. :)
Danniielle
Site Admin

New Cassette Walkman Review from Cassette Comeback

Post by Danniielle »

Here's a good review my friend, Tony Villa just posted on his Cassette Comeback YouTube channel of a brand new cassette walkman. I won't post any spoilers here. Check out Tony's video....

BRoberts

Re: New Cassette Walkman Review from Cassette Comeback

Post by BRoberts »

I have several clients requesting cassette masters and I still have about 600 fresh Maxell UDXL-II and some TDK SA plus duplication with proper equipment at 6x speed. It still reaches out to 15k, even after dupe.
Danniielle
Site Admin

Post by Danniielle »

Yeah, cassettes are capable of FAR better performance than most realised. Like you Bill, I have quite a large stock of new old stock cassettes that haven't been opened. I also now have two Nakamichi decks (a 582 and a 582Z) and my ultimate dream deck, the Harman Kardon CD491. This deck extends to 26kHz on normal tape and 27kHz on chrome and metal tapes!
BRoberts

Post by BRoberts »

The HK is an extremely formidable deck. I forgot the number, I'll look when I head over to the studio but a have a really nice sounding NAD and a Yamaha that weighs at least 10kg that I bought in 1979 for $1200USD. I compared it to the Dragon and although it does not have auto azimuth, we did direct comparisons at the hi fi shop between the tape output (of course 3 head) and the Nak. It was extremely close. I keep my decks in good order. I made hundreds of live recordings of bands with it to the extent of having CDs made from the cassette masters after doing some digital mastering of the tapes. It really got a workout and I've serviced it, bought parts when they were available. This reminds me to run the unit again soon. I like to exercise it at least 25 hours per year. I feel it will get more usage.