Driving a Luxury Coach.

A collection of my most vivid and impacting dreams and visions.
Danniielle
Site Admin

Driving a Luxury Coach.

Post by Danniielle »

Driving a Luxury Coach.

In this vivid dream, I was onbaord a luxury coach with some other passengers and something happened to the driver. I don't know what it was that happened to him but he was unable to continue to drive it and was no longer on board.
There was an urgency to get the passengers to their destination so despite the fact that I'd never driven a bus before, let alone a large, luxury coach, I stepped up to the driver's seat and took the wheel. Another small matter was that I didn't even have a driver's license for a car.

This is actually true. I gave up my license in 2016, sold my car and used the funds to purchase a Minimoog Voyager synthesizer.

Anyway, I digress. Back to the dream....

I had to navigate this huge monolith of a vehicle through a very tight exit that would've been a difficult task even in a medium sized car! Added to this was the fact that the pedals, particularly the brake pedal, were VERY different in response to any other vehicle I'd driven before. Much to the surprise of the passengers and indeed myself, I managed to navigate the exit rather well.

There were several buildings on the route and I was unfamiliar with both the route and the buildings. As such, when we arrived at the exit from one of the buildings to the driveway, I made a small misjudgement and had to drive the coach down a set of steps that were a little too steep for its ground clearance. Despite this small fact, we made it down the steps with some minor scraping of the middle and rear of the coach.
The next hurdle was navigating onto the main road. There was a steep drop between the exit from the driveway and the road itself and there was no way the coach would make it over that drop without getting completely stuck.

At this point, my friend Trevor, who was also on-board with us, asked me if he could take the wheel and give it a try. However, I was really enjoying driving this coach and was up for the challenges with much enthusiasm so I remained in the driver's seat.
I decided to turn it around and find an exit that was more appropriate. This took us through the inside of shopping malls, restaurants, motel lobbies and other such places. It was much like the shopping mall scene in the Blues Brothers movie but without the police chase!

We finally arrived at another exit to the main road but once again, there was a set of steps that were going to present a challenge with ground clearance. Trevor had been dropping ever increasing hints that it was his turn to drive and was practically begging me for the driver's seat at this point. I truly felt it was my calling to continue though so I remained behind the wheel.

I stopped the coach at the steps and let the passengers off for a break to stretch their legs and give me a chance to gather my thoughts. A couple of the passengers suggested to me to look inside some of the external luggage compartments for a ramp to place over the steps. We were trying to figure out how to get the compartments open but we each drew blanks so we decided to go for a short walk with some of the other passengers while we formulated a plan to move forward.

As we were walking, I recognised some in this group from some of my highschool classes. One of them made a comment about the Borg from Star Trek and I made a joke in reply which initially got a few laughs. However, the laughter soon turned to mocking. This was not an unusual thing for me though. I was often mocked and teased by this group during my highschool days, as was my friend Trevor. This was actually one of the things that strengthened our friendship. We stood by each other firmly throughout these ordeals.

Trevor had gone ahead with another small group during our leg stretch break and we ended up bumping into them. It seems Trevor had had an encounter with police and had been arrested. He looked at me and mentioned that the arrest involved a group of kids but it wasn't what we might think. The kids had teased him quite nastily and when he responded, the police stepped in and arrested him rather than the perpetrators.

I was planning to let him have a shot behind the wheel when we got back to the coach but the arrest changed those plans and I was again in the position of getting the passengers and myself to our destination.

We were unable to get the luggage compartments open and were unable to find a ramp for the steps so I had to do some rather intricate manoeuvres to navigate this current obstacle, which I did. It seems I'd gotten quite skilled at driving this coach as a result of what we'd already encountered and I'm pretty sure I had some outside help from a higher source which accelerated my progress significantly.

I awoke prior to finding out if we did reach our destination but I was actually quite enjoying the process despite the hurdles along the way.