Recording Studio Meatloaf Experience.

A collection of my most vivid and impacting dreams and visions.
Danniielle
Site Admin

Post by Danniielle »

Let me preface by stating this isn't about the artist, Michael Lee Aday, AKA Meat Loaf.

I just awoke from a dream where I was with a band in their studio and I had just recorded a live gig with them the night before. I was acting as a guest engineer for this project and they had a regular live engineer I was mentoring for the recording process.
We were listening to the multitracks I had captured and I was working with them to build a mix. It was sounding really good and their engineer was really enjoying the whole process.

We had stopped for a break to have something to eat and we passed around a packet of biscuits. I wouldn't normally eat them because of the wheat and sugar content which tends to block my sinuses and digestive system but I figured one little deviation from my normal abstinence of processed foods wouldn't hurt.

I then decided to visit a takeaway food shop near their studio and see what they had on offer. I ended up buying a roll of meatloaf and headed back to the studio. I unwrapped one end and took a bite and immediately almost vomited. It tasted absolutely rotten and left a horrid taste in my mouth.
I suddenly realised I was not only eating a highly processed food but I was eating meat. I had recently given up eating meat and gone vegetarian (I actually have done this recently) and, for some reason, in this dream I had completely forgotten. My taste buds had become so attuned to not eating meat that when I did, I couldn't stand the taste despite the meatloaf being in date with no issues. I used to love meatloaf as an occasional snack.
I offered the meatloaf to anyone in the band who wanted it and one of the members took me up on my offer and enjoyed it.

As I awoke from this dream, I had the after-taste of the meatloaf in my mouth and it actually repulsed me. Again, there was nothing wrong with it. It wasn't rotten or out of date but I couldn't stand it!

I want to make it very clear here that I am NOT a vegetarian or vegan "evangelist" and have no problems at all with others eating meat. I ate it for 53 years and enjoyed it the whole time. I have simply made a personal choice recently to go vegetarian and it is working for me.
The repulsive taste is quite simply due to my tastebuds adapting very quickly to my vegetarian diet and the meat was such a massive contrast. It was as repulsive to me as Brussel sprouts or green peas, both of which still make me gag.