Inspiring Recording Studios

See what I'm up to in the Pulse Eternal recording studio, live on stage and out on location.
Danniielle
Site Admin

Inspiring Recording Studios

Post by Danniielle »

One of my greatest passions is to continue to build my dream recording studio. This is something I first started back in 1984. I would draw pictures and diagrams of my dream studio and the gear I wanted to fit it out with.
Fast forward four decades exactly and I have gathered some amazing equipment during that period, much of it becoming a realisation of those images, diagrams and visions.

I am at a point in my life where I'm ready to put all this gear into a space worthy of my dreams. A big part of making this happen is to visualise that space and I have been taking inspiration from others who have followed their dreams and made them living reality. I also take inspiration from some of the most famous recording studios on the planet.

Here are a few examples of what greatly inspires me....

Peter Gabriel - Real World Studios
Peter Gabriel 01.jpg
Peter Gabriel 02.jpg
Peter Gabriel 03.jpg
Peter Gabriel 04.jpg
Peter Gabriel 05.jpg
Peter Gabriel 06.jpg
Peter Gabriel 07.jpg
Peter Gabriel 08.jpg
Danniielle
Site Admin

Re: Inspiring Recording Studios

Post by Danniielle »

Danniielle
Site Admin

Post by Danniielle »

Danniielle
Site Admin

Post by Danniielle »

Of course, I could not leave out one of the most famous recording studios of them all....

Abbey Road Studios
Abbey Road 02.jpg
Abbey Road 03.jpg
Abbey-Road-Studios-Event-Photography-Studio-3-Ground-scaled.jpg
BRoberts

Post by BRoberts »

It's a shame PUK in Denmark (Danmark for natives) closed. I have a tight relationship with the acoustic designer and loudspeaker designer. Multiple 32"woofers, it was the cats meow. Many hits came out of it. I was pleased to do some production work and mastering from there. I think some pics are still on line. Indoor swimming as well as full accommodations.

I had a nice one on the 25th Floor of Canal Place, New Orleans. More outboards (overkill) than I can list centred around a Sony MXP 3056 and PCM 3348. Westlake monitoring. JBL in the studio main performance room. When I arrived, it was an acoustic studio. It didn't even have patches for electronic instruments. This was late 1994. The Westlake midrange were 180 out from the woofers and tweeters (BBSM-10) and no computer. It took me a week to calibrate it, install a 75MHz computer (lol) and have D.Is for electronic instruments, synths. I got all of the midi up and running, I still had to stripe SMPTE for keyboards to chase to dump tracks. Amazing times. I logged almost 5000 hours on the 3348. I forgot how many singles, albums and EP's I did out of there. Officially I was the Chief engineer but very seldom we had real producers come through so that was my role plus mixing. I had my mastering suite at home. It was a Tues- Sataurday affair and I mastered what had to be done (5 miles away) either after sessions or days off. Those were the days. Sadly the amount of money I made went into a relationship which began in 1998 and she left to be with her people in 2001 so it went up in smoke. No worries, I can make it again...but wait, 9-11, all of the work and contracts came to a halt, never to be that active again and covid slowed it down more. Besides speaker building and probably 20 mastering projects a year (down from 150 a year) that's what's happening now.
BRoberts

Post by BRoberts »

Not great pics but this was PUK. Depeche Mode and so many others.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240330_001219_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240330_001312_Chrome.jpg